LFC Online Live News

Saturday 18 September 2010

The Meireles Mentality


New Liverpool FC signing Raul Mereiles has been quoted as saying "I came to Liverpool to win trophies". Roy Hodgson's £11m signing has also revealed that another part of the reason he came to Anfield was because Roy Hodgson worked so hard to get him.

The Portuguese midfielder, signed from Porto just before the end of the transfer window, also lauded the club's fans, saying "I played at Anfield with Porto and I lost 4-1, but I remember the supporters were great. Everybody in Portugal says the Liverpool fans are the best supporters in England.

"I have also played at Chelsea and Manchester United, but I can say the Liverpool fans are the best".

For most Liverpool fans however, this flattering praise is not needed. All that is required to play in red is heart, soul, and the desire to succeed, whatever the cost. And for Meireles, uttering the afore-mentioned words about winning trophies couldn't have been a smarter move, honest or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment